Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Welcome to 2008

Well, I've been meaning to blog for the last 2 months, so we'll see how this goes. Sophia is 5 mos old now and we are getting into more of a groove together making life more restful and fun. She is starting to be able to sit on her own and it looks like some teeth are in our near future.

I'm getting into cooking again and have been using the cookbook, "Saving Dinner" with lots of success. So far, Shahin and I have enjoyed everything I've made from there.

I'm also about to start teaching myself Farsi (persian) with the help of the Rosetta Stone program so that'll be really cool and hopefully Sophia will start her life being bilingual.

More about Sophia: We have finally started a consistent bedtime routine including a bath/ massage, nursing, then bed. It seems to be helping her fall asleep much more easily. And we've been getting more consistent with her wakeup time as well, not waking her exactly but helping her wake by 7am to start her day.

I'm also really into a few blogs and internet forums. My favorite of the latter is the local ICAN group right now as I had a c/s with Sophia because she was a footling breech (more on that later).

Okay, this is just a rambling, update post, but also - we are getting Sophia's ears pierced on Monday and then she'll be going for a vaccine shot on Friday (1st dose of DTaP). She's only had 1 dose each of Hib and Prevnar thus far.

I guess that's it for the moment. Hasta luego...

2 comments:

stinestrain said...

I am a big fan of the ICAN board as well! ;)

Sarah Faith said...

My husband speaks only Spanish to the kids and they are turning out bilingual. It is great and I really encourage you for doing that! I think it really gives the kids an advantage. Hope you can stick with it. That is the hard part. Good luck!